PDA

View Full Version : Terrapins!!..WHERE ARE YOU !!!!!!

temevalleyterrapin
06-05-08, 00:35
So who, on here has, or know of where there is / are Terrapins.
Talking to Mike Jenkins at Shelsley yesterday, and the only names we can come up with are Mike Jenkins / Richard Walker (me) / Ed Hollier / Eric Close are the only cars still being used...and 3 of these are bike engined. Im not including Mega and Mono variants.
What happened to the white Terrapin with 970 S engine and wedge nose sold at H&H auction in 2005, where has it gone?
What has happened to all the chassis / cars?? They cant all be scrapped. I dearly hope they have only been hibernating!
I know there is a car in the Channel Islands still in use...a Mr Mourant, dont know his first name though.
I really cant get my head round the fact that of all the cars built only these few remain....it cant be the case.
Where are you all??...do you have one????....do you know of someone who has one lurking in their garage??? Complete / Crashed / still broken / incomplete etc etc etc.
It would be fantastic to arrange a reunion at some point in the future...if we cant find enough of them to make it worthwhile!

ancillotti rob
06-05-08, 07:44
Here is one of the cars mentioned ( ed )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuNa-wn5jio

redturner37
06-05-08, 08:21
I am reliably informed that most of the original Terrapin drawings were sold abroad, mainly USA and Australia, and in fact that Mr. Terrapin himself is invited to visit these owners and set the cars up, does a batch at a time. I am sure that Alan with know where most of the UK cars are lurking. I did see one in several pieces half way up SW a couple of years ago.

temevalleyterrapin
06-05-08, 11:37
I am reliably informed that most of the original Terrapin drawings were sold abroad, mainly USA and Australia, and in fact that Mr. Terrapin himself is invited to visit these owners and set the cars up, does a batch at a time. I am sure that Alan with know where most of the UK cars are lurking. I did see one in several pieces half way up SW a couple of years ago.

I knew that some plans were sold abroad, but i didnt think that 'most' were?
There is a list of people in the front of 'the race and rally car source book' , some 50 - 60 people listed as builders of Terrapins.
These are the cars im refering to. I appreciate that Allan would have records. But in fairness to Allan when sourcing my own cars history he couldnt help. I believe many of his history records, while giving much detail about the cars at their original build time, are now out of date. For example the ex-Gould car seems to have dissapeared when it was sold on. Nobody knows where this went. Where is the Alan Aucote car these days too??
Re: the Shelsley incident how long ago was this?...are you not confusing this with Fuzzy Nuthall's Crumpet Special 'incident'? Iv not seen any Terrapins at Shelsley for over 10 yrs other than my own and Mike's.

redturner37
06-05-08, 12:02
Re: the Shelsley incident how long ago was this?...are you not confusing this with Fuzzy Nuthall's Crumpet Special 'incident'? Iv not seen any Terrapins at Shelsley for over 10 yrs other than my own and Mike's.[/QUOTE] certainly in the last 10 years. The driver got it wrong at Crossing ? and took a couple of corners off. I looked at the damage in the paddock afterwards, and it is difficult, even for the bleery-eyed amongst us to fail to recognise a Terrapin, Mini engine stood tall at the rear.

Steve Wilkinson
06-05-08, 12:03
As most of the Terrapins were built by enthusiasts in their sheds I suspect when they decided to upgrade their car the original may well have been canabalised for bits!

If memory serves there used to be at least one Sports Libre Terrapin - anyone seen that of late?

:)

temevalleyterrapin
06-05-08, 12:31
well it must have been a rare one-off (and unfortunate)appearance :confused: , what colour was the damaged one redturner? iv been to most meetings, and i cant recall it, but it would be good to find out who it was!

...and yes Steve there were a couple of libre terrapins too, one certainly is still around, the owner has commented so on the Terrapin forum.

redturner37
06-05-08, 14:31
I have told you as much as I remember, except that it may have been double driven. However, could one of the Libre Terrapins have been the one built by Richard Branson out of Harrogate area. This car was looking for a new owner (and a rebuild) on one of the race car sites a couple of years ago. Richard also put my old HCS together and was kind enough to send me some pictures of the rear end of his Terrapin, engine, suspension etc, but I dont have the facilities to scan them. It spent a lot of time at Harewood, his local track and maybe Steve has some piccies of it.

Dermot Healy
06-05-08, 19:13
Nick Edginton in Somerset has a very shiny Terrapin that he has had for years....i understand it rarely gets any exercise...

temevalleyterrapin
06-05-08, 19:58
thats great, cheers Dermot, Id not heard of him. So thats one for the list!
:):) Fantastic!
Do you have any idea what club he's in or how we could get in touch with him at all?

Steve Wilkinson
06-05-08, 20:13
...and yes Steve there were a couple of libre terrapins too, one certainly is still around, the owner has commented so on the Terrapin forum. But as to his real name or location, i do not know.

Can you put a link up to the Terrapin Forum?

temevalleyterrapin
06-05-08, 20:22
http://jawfish.proboards43.com/

....there you go ! :cool:

FLoads
06-05-08, 20:31
T'V'PIn
Does yours have the original? plywood nose on it - at least that is what it looks like ?????
I remember seeing them at Harewood many many years ago, did they not rival the Mallock U2 in those days ?

temevalleyterrapin
06-05-08, 20:43
No, mine is the bike engined one, with the more modern style 'wings' nose.
It's Mike Jenkins example which is the one with the original type 'march' style nose.
We were both at shelsley this weekend. :)

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k41/TemeValleyTerrapin/IMG_0089.jpg

This one is me. (above)

..and this one is Mike Jenkins A-series model.... (below)

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k41/TemeValleyTerrapin/IMG_0045.jpg

temevalleyterrapin
06-05-08, 20:48
As most of the Terrapins were built by enthusiasts in their sheds I suspect when they decided to upgrade their car the original may well have been canabalised for bits!

If memory serves there used to be at least one Sports Libre Terrapin - anyone seen that of late?

Name of the guy on the terrapin forum who commented on this is Peter Broom, he says he has still got the car. I left a note for him to get in touch with me about his car, but he never came backk to me. :(

terrapin_driver
06-05-08, 21:28
The driver got it wrong at Crossing?
It was Kennel actually...
and took a couple of corners off.
Three corners....

I know this because I was the unfortunate pilot:( the car however was swiftly repaired, and was indeed the A-series powered one at Shelsley at the weekend.

I think that the Peter Broom car is the original Chris Cramer/Terry Simms Mk5 - last time I saw it was at Loton Park in 1991.

temevalleyterrapin
06-05-08, 21:44
There we are...we are the only Terrapins in the last 10 years then !! :D
Theres me been racking my brains trying to think of who else has driven an A-series terrapin at SW and crashed there!!....I never knew u had had an off there Mike.

-------------------
Rich

gsyracer
06-05-08, 21:51
There was one over here (he put "Terrapin" down on the entry forms so I'm guessing it must be one...) No idea where it is now though as he sold it in favour of an OMS 1100.

I'm not sure if this is it, as the one I stated above was a different colour to this one - so could possibly be two over here! :)
http://www.wbphotographics.com/7-5-2007/album/slides/DSC_0016.html

temevalleyterrapin
06-05-08, 21:52
Oh...and Mike.
My partner filmed you on the hill PM me your email and il send you the clips and photos over.
Anyway....back to topic!!! :)

temevalleyterrapin
06-05-08, 21:55
Great!!...cheers gsyracer! Nice lookin car too.
Any idea of the driver(s) name in the picture?...we can maybe then trace him through gsy motor club? :)
I had the name 'Mourant' down, is that the chap thats now got the OMS? What colour did the 'other' car you remember used to be?

gsyracer
07-05-08, 09:22
Great!!...cheers gsyracer! Nice lookin car too.
Any idea of the driver(s) name in the picture?...we can maybe then trace him through gsy motor club? :)
I had the name 'Mourant' down, is that the chap thats now got the OMS? What colour did the 'other' car you remember used to be?

I have no idea about the picture I posted (guys name that is) but yes there was a Mourant who I was originally thinking about - his car was ally bottom half, with yellow and blue chequered pattern.

redturner37
07-05-08, 13:19
It was Kennel actually...

Three corners....

I know this because I was the unfortunate pilot:( the car however was swiftly repaired, and was indeed the A-series powered one at Shelsley at the weekend.

I think that the Peter Broom car is the original Chris Cramer/Terry Simms Mk5 - last time I saw it was at Loton Park in 1991. I did put a question mark. It did look rather sad, but glad it's up and running and that you could confirm that dementure hadn't set in, and that I wasn't dreaming. If you could do magic and pan right, I suspect that you will find Number 111 is me.

temevalleyterrapin
07-05-08, 13:31
were u at SW on Monday then??....I didnt think there was a number 111:confused:

redturner37
07-05-08, 14:41
were u at SW on Monday then??....I didnt think there was a number 111:confused: but it is such a coincidence that the time that the Terrapin had the accident, I am almost sure that it was the meeting that I was No 111. and was parked at the side of the FFs. and if not, then it was my first time out with my 750 Clubmans car in 1999 and the coincidence was that the car also carried No 111 at it's first outing in 1969 at Harewood. I remember it because Digital Derek sent me some piccies.

temevalleyterrapin
07-05-08, 15:08
oh right. :rolleyes:

...now does any body else know of any Terrapins? We've possibly located 3 so far from what helpful members have suggested. Any body else got any ideas where there might be one?....Any of our Scottish contingent know of any? I remember Donald Brown's car up for sale about 10yrs ago as a restoration project at Anthony Reid Motorsport (AR Motorsport) in Scotland. Anyone know who bought that car?

jo white
14-05-08, 09:51
for all you Terrapin hunters , an example has just arrived on BTDBTDBTDBTD

Steve Wilkinson
14-05-08, 09:55
for all you Terrapin hunters , an example has just arrived on BTDBTDBTDBTD

A link would be nice! :rolleyes:

Brib
14-05-08, 10:05

There you go Steve

Car is in or around Yeovil

http://cgi.BTDBTDBTDBTD.co.uk/Terrapin-Sprint-Hillclimb-Car_W0QQitemZ200223807658QQihZ010QQcategoryZ2192QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

There's a Jedi too

http://cgi.BTDBTDBTDBTD.co.uk/HILLCLIMB-F600-JEDI-2-91-RACING-CAR_W0QQitemZ160239703089QQihZ006QQcategoryZ122141 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Picture at Shelsley

jo white
14-05-08, 10:06

i realise this steve but i am a bit of a pc dinosaur,,

iranoff
14-05-08, 10:17
I see TemeValleyTerrapin is entered at Shelsley Walsh on the weekend of 31st May/1st June at number 139.

What a class entry to be up against with the Rutlands, Hamish Lindsay and Darren Luke/Brodie Branch to be amongst the front runners.

Iranoff

Steve Wilkinson
14-05-08, 13:30
There you go Steve
http://cgi.BTDBTDBTDBTD.co.uk/Terrapin-Sprint-Hillclimb-Car_W0QQitemZ200223807658QQihZ010QQcategoryZ2192QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Looks like the one that used to be Up North doing Longton's championship a couple of seasons ago.

grboulter
14-05-08, 16:00
Spotted this, and thought of you!........

Best, Graham.

Sorry, guess I am too slow! -Already aware of this one.
-Not the first time I have been called Slow! (Thought I would get that in first!)

O.K. then, a Monopin instead?

http://fastroadandtrack.co.uk/frat/showad.php?adid=6332

redturner37
14-05-08, 16:38
I spoke with Chris Taylor at the week end. He owned an 'S' [powered Terrapin, but sold it on. He says he will check his records to find out where it went. Maybe it will be useful information. He is now running the ex Glynn Sketchley Jedi. So if you see him, have a word.

temevalleyterrapin
16-05-08, 14:18
I see TemeValleyTerrapin is entered at Shelsley Walsh on the weekend of 31st May/1st June at number 139.

What a class entry to be up against with the Rutlands, Hamish Lindsay and Darren Luke/Brodie Branch to be amongst the front runners.

Iranoff

Yes quite!...and if i can get within 5 seconds of any of the above il be a happy chappie! :eek:

BlueGriff
18-05-08, 22:42
It seems this was once a Terrapin

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/517431.htm

johnbull
17-09-08, 18:47
There were a few Terrapins in Malta but none actually racing at the mo.

My brother David raced one years ago which was owned by Aldo Laferla who had bought it from U K. David actually got an overall win with it, but that's going back some 20 or more years.

More recently the same car has been raced again by Johan Spiteri but he too has forsaken it for a Jedi Yamaha which has also recently been bought from U K.

My son bought another Terrapin 3 years ago. We fitted the 1500 eight port injected engine I had in my Mini and it was reasonable and a good car for him to learn to drive single seaters. He wrote it off BIG TIME on one of the hills a couple of years ago and that's when we built JBR2, which used the same power unit but was more modern in concept.

We now have JBR3 which ran last season with a Kawasaki ZX12 engine with which Josh had 3 outright wins, and this year we have put in a ZZR 14 with which he is doing very well.

There are a couple of other "made in Malta" terrapins around but I haven't seen them in use in years.

steve 19
17-09-08, 22:05
The Terrapin is here in Guernsey, alive and well. The current owner is having a year off.
I bought the car some years ago from a company up in Edinburgh (superspeed i think) It had a Yamaha FJ 1100 motor in it when i bought it. i enjoyed the car for a little while, then sold it to Karl Marshall, who put a Honda Fireblade motor in it, raced it very successfully. He then sold it on to Graham Mourant, and now it belongs to Jonathon Robilliard. When i first bought it, it had a Hesketh nose cone, but now looks much smarter. Hope this helps.

sr3rad
31-10-08, 10:36
Good to see an interest in Terrapins I would like to locate the one I built in 1970 no. 1A/9 It was the sister car to John Crowson's (he now races Ensigns in Historic F1 and I believe it's his Terrapin in Nick Edgintons garage) we were sponsored by British Leyland and Whitbreds Brewery, a brilliant combination! It may be scrap by now as it went to British Leyland in 1973 and one of their marketing men used it, but if it is still alive I'd like to know. It had a 1071 supercharged engine with 8 port head in those days, BL provided all their special tuning bits for us to test. No doubt if it's still about it will have a bike engine by now. Any one seen it anywhere?

minitici
01-11-08, 21:59
The Terrapin is here in Guernsey, alive and well. The current owner is having a year off.
I bought the car some years ago from a company up in Edinburgh (superspeed i think) It had a Yamaha FJ 1100 motor in it when i bought it. i enjoyed the car for a little while, then sold it to Karl Marshall, who put a Honda Fireblade motor in it, raced it very successfully. He then sold it on to Graham Mourant, and now it belongs to Jonathon Robilliard. When i first bought it, it had a Hesketh nose cone, but now looks much smarter. Hope this helps.

I remember seeing this Terrapin in Charlie Campbell's Superspeed workshops in Edinburgh - a good few years ago!

steve 19
01-11-08, 23:21
I remember seeing this Terrapin in Charlie Campbell's Superspeed workshops in Edinburgh - a good few years ago!

Did it have the Royal Mail livery then?

minitici
02-11-08, 12:16
Did it have the Royal Mail livery then?

I suspect it did - a bit like this attached photo (Superspeed sticker on rear side window)
http://www.westhouse.plus.com/images/angus/superspeed.jpg

Steve Wilkinson
02-11-08, 20:45
I remember the Terrapin in Royal Mail livery at Doune being run by my mate Ian Miller. I am sure I must have a picture or three somehwre!

temevalleyterrapin
11-11-09, 00:13
A quick re-surge for my thread. Iv built a terrapin specific website Terrapin Racing (http://www.terrapinracing.co.uk),
so please take a look, its a bit of a work in progress at the mo. The intention is to try and provide a central hub to trace all cars still in existance and try and get as many of them together as possible, maybe even a whole class of them!! Then run them all at an event. Harewood would be nice as it was Allan's home hill.
This is not intended to take anything away from the forum that is already in existence, more a focal point to get some of the cars out again!!
look forward to hearing from anyone who can assist with gathering information. I will be contacting all my known contacts to milk as much info as possible in the coming weeks. :):):)

dave_samk11
11-11-09, 12:50
Steve mention earlier about a sport libre terrapin, there was a terrapin like car that ran at gurston in the mid 90's, is that the one he is thinking of?

David

Steve Wilkinson
11-11-09, 12:56
Steve mention earlier about a sport libre terrapin, there was a terrapin like car that ran at gurston in the mid 90's, is that the one he is thinking of?

David

I saw the car at Prescott and at Barbon Manor. I will have a photo or two but I need to scan in a lot of old 35mm Colour Slides & Negatives.

Tanky
11-11-09, 13:46

dave_samk11
11-11-09, 17:43
Never ventured to barbon as a driver, I stuck to the sunny south!!:)

sr3rad
11-11-09, 20:31
If anybody comes across mine chassis no 1A/9 I'd be interested to know where it is. When I stopped compeating in 1973 British Leyland bought it off me and it was used by their PR deptment 'Fastest mini in the world' at Dealer openings etc. I think they may have trashed it eventualy but would like to know what happened to it. Graham Smith

temevalleyterrapin
11-11-09, 20:55
If anybody comes across mine chassis no 1A/9 I'd be interested to know where it is. When I stopped compeating in 1973 British Leyland bought it off me and it was used by their PR deptment 'Fastest mini in the world' at Dealer openings etc. I think they may have trashed it eventualy but would like to know what happened to it. Graham Smith

Graham, is this the car that Alan Dignan used?
I have some contacts with ex BL motorsport people, I grew up next to Longbridge, and know many people who worked there, il do a bit of detective work and see what i can find!
Rich

temevalleyterrapin
25-11-09, 22:59
The response so far has been very pleasing. Iv been contacted by a number of drivers / owners. But im sure there are still some more out there! Please keep checking the site as Im updating it most days.

Craig Powers
26-11-09, 15:19
I have a feeling that Wigan hillclimb/sprinter Derek Hampson may still have a Terrapin although he hasn't competed for a while. I may see him this weekend and will ask.

Craig Powers

temevalleyterrapin
26-11-09, 16:44
Hi Craig, yes I actually visited Derek last week. He still has his car for sale and very nice it is too.

griffthedog
26-11-09, 22:06
Hi Richard, I've PM'd you(Ithink).
Cheers.
JC

temevalleyterrapin
29-11-09, 21:39
Website is coming along nicely now.
Still a lot of investigating to do though!
Been amazed by the response so far, but still hitting a few dead-ends, any info welcome?
Lots of pictures at least....take another look.

Terrapin (http://www.terrapinracing.co.uk)

Would like to find;

Stuart Nix
Donald Brown
John Buck
The man who bought the Gould/Corbyn car from Dave Crocker.

Any ideas anyone??...please PM me any contact info if you have it???
Thanks
Richard

temevalleyterrapin
10-12-09, 00:26
Update!

Now found Donald Brown!

No joy on Stuart Nix or John Buck yet though!

What about;

Brian MacLucky (spelling) (Scotland)
Mark Harbord
Lance Mason
Douglas Wigham
Barry Sinclair
Geoff Cowell
P (?) Trowbridge
M (?) Morison (Scotland)
Dean Robertson (Dick Terrapin)
Mike Atwell (Terrapin in Barbados)
Bizzy Williams

???????????

If anyone can put me in touch with any of the above folk, to assist in tracing more Terrapin history it would be greatly appreciated if you could get their details, email, phone, whatever, to me either via the contact section on the site;
www.terrapinracing.co.uk
or via a PM on here.
Many thanks all :)
Rich

Craig Powers
10-12-09, 12:30
Update!

What about;

Geoff Cowell

Rich

As discussed I can put you in touch with Geoff Cowell.
Craig Powers

Steve Wilkinson
10-12-09, 13:38
Dean Robertson (Dick Terrapin)

If anyone can put me in touch with any of the above folk, to assist in tracing more Terrapin history it would be greatly appreciated if you could get their details, email, phone, whatever, to me either via the contact section on the site;
www.terrapinracing.co.uk
or via a PM on here.
Many thanks all :)
Rich

I think Dean is a member of either Bristol Motor Club or Bristol Pegasus Motor Club so you could try their websites.

ScottieP
10-12-09, 19:37
Give me a day or so and I'll get Dean's number for you :)

temevalleyterrapin
11-12-09, 10:57
As discussed I can put you in touch with Geoff Cowell.
Craig Powers

Sorry Craig, I was just typing from my list. I had forgotten you had advised that.
Rich

temevalleyterrapin
18-12-09, 00:15
Any owners out there who sold their Terrapin to a Scotsman in 1980???...we dont know your name. But we'd like to!!
It would be good to know who you are (or were) as your car has cropped up, and we are trying to work out what number it is and who built it etc!!

sevaun
12-01-10, 15:26
Hi Richard
I've spotted this one on Len Selby's Historic Emporium. It's now been sold ,but the info on the page might be of use. A quick call to Len might unearth the name of the new owner.
http://www.historicracing.org.uk/racecars4sale/specials.html
Cheers
Richard

Steve Wilkinson
12-01-10, 17:15
Hi Richard
I've spotted this one on Len Selby's Historic Emporium. It's now been sold ,but the info on the page might be of use. A quick call to Len might unearth the name of the new owner.
http://www.historicracing.org.uk/racecars4sale/specials.html
Cheers
Richard

I suspect Richard already knows who has bought it! :D

rwd rules
13-01-10, 19:40
There was one over here (he put "Terrapin" down on the entry forms so I'm guessing it must be one...) No idea where it is now though as he sold it in favour of an OMS 1100.

I'm not sure if this is it, as the one I stated above was a different colour to this one - so could possibly be two over here! :)
http://www.wbphotographics.com/7-5-2007/album/slides/DSC_0016.html

The terrapin owned here in Guernsey is my cousin's Jono Robilliard i belive he may actually be selling it now.

temevalleyterrapin
18-02-10, 02:34
Well, a few more weeks have gone by, and im pleased to say that we have got 50 people in the 'contacts' list now that either own or have owned a terrapin in the past, which is brilliant, we've also had contact from owners in New Zealand, Australia, Holland and Malta. Something that i never expected when i started the website!
www.terrapinracing.co.uk
Amazing this 'ere internet! :)

gtr-78
18-02-10, 23:16
I built a terrapin many years ago and competed in northern ireland hillclimbs before cannabalising it for parts for my current car ! Great fun to drive and very good off the startline.

temevalleyterrapin
19-02-10, 12:10
Hi Graham, Iv sent you a Prv Message!

Cheers

temevalleyterrapin
13-08-10, 19:38
Well, the news is, we've found quite a few!

It's suprising what gets unearthed once a few pics are up online. The website seems very successful with around 250 page views a day on average now.

We have been contacted by owners from around the world, including a few in the UK too, who have cars, not neccessarily running cars, but maybe some in need of a little TLC.

The online gallery is now filling up too, with lots of images of cars past and present, including some interesting ones sent to me by Graham Smith that include some 'Miss GB' contestants sat in a Terrapin at Harewood! :)

Have a look at www.terrapinracing.co.uk to see for yourselves.

Major Mallock
15-08-10, 11:19
I still have a copy of the Mk1a plans if anyone wants them. The car that was built to them was given a chassis number by Alan of 61. It was sold to Ian Scott who fitted a bike engine and then sold it on to someone in the land of Clouds and Whisky. As someone said above he kept a record of all the originators. His family will probably still have those records. As you say well out of date, but a starting point.

A couple of years ago I competed at Elvington, run by Auto 66, and l I think BTDBTDBTD was a very fast but elderly Terrapin with a bike engine conversion, White/Yellow? in colour? memory fades. Is he one of the people you mentioned above, if not I am sure Steve will have his name in his encylopedic memory.

3 year ago a more elderly gentleman brough his very original Green Terrapin to 3 sisters a couple of times. The car looked like it had not seen a spanner since it was built (or do we call this Patina now ) and it had a poor showing due to gear linkage problems

Craig Powers
15-08-10, 11:41
His family will probably still have those records. As you say well out of date, but a starting point.

A couple of years ago I competed at Elvington, run by Auto 66, and l I think BTDBTDBTD was a very fast but elderly Terrapin with a bike engine conversion, White/Yellow? in colour?

3 year ago a more elderly gentleman brough his very original Green Terrapin to 3 sisters a couple of times. The car looked like it had not seen a spanner since it was built (or do we call this Patina now ) and it had a poor showing due to gear linkage problems

Thanks Phil for the prompt,

1. Plans still available from the Stanniforth family. High Speed Low Cost was republished a few years ago (2003?) in conjunction with Rob Macnay.
2. I will ask Allan's daughter whether they are any Terrapin set-up records to pass back to owners, and if so I will get them to Richard. I have already re-united some competitors with records from Allan's archive.
3. I think the Elvington car had a ZZR and was owned by Eric Close.
4. That may have been Derek Hampson from Wigan.

Craig

temevalleyterrapin
15-08-10, 12:28
I have already gained a lot of information from a number of very helpful individuals, including Craig (above).

But would anyone have any information that would help me to contact ANY of the following people. I believe they can join up a lot of loose ends!!

- Mike Gerard (lived in Mirfield)

- Mike Jukes (lived in SBTDBTDBTDBTDhorpe but believed to have gone to UAE?, did he
ever return?)

- Don Powell

- Robert Parker (lived in Shrewsbury)

- John Buck (lived in Ossett, Yorks)

- Fred Smith

- Richard Owen / Terry Mould (lived in Cwmbran S.Wales)

- Iain Sword (lived in Solihull)

- John Taylor

- Phil Mann (believed to have emigrated to Australia? He was Norman
Webster's son-in-law)

All the locations for the above were mostly 1970's address' it is likely that they might have moved! I would especially like to contact Mike Jukes!

Any help greatfully received and rewarded with beer etc at the next meeting I see you at!! Please PM me with any details!

Thanks!! :)

BRST08
22-10-10, 16:24
Hi Guys.
I have an 'original Mini' based Terrapin rolling chassis, more or less complete less engine/box and front brake discs/calipers. Needs major restoring but basically sound, looking for offers. 2 wheel trailer included.
Brian 01497821234