PDA

View Full Version : Racelogic traction control

lander
05-12-08, 17:35
My friend has Eufra F3 formula and he is very interesting in Racelogic traction control. Has anybody experience with it?

For formula cars is better to cut fuel injection or ignition spark?

Do you think that it is possible to install in to my Dallara F3? I think that spark cut is better for such race engine when there is tyres slip. What you think?

Thank you for answer

Filip Zelensky

darcia1
06-12-08, 02:44
We are looking at this closely for my dallara hilclimb car and at the moment im looking at a magnetti marelli ecu that can take everthing from the vvti to traction and they have recomended to me that ignition is the best way ... but i think its best to have a good intergrated system with good back up ..... we are also looking at fly by wire but as yet i am still reseaching this...aspect but this system can also do the job im told very well...

lander
06-12-08, 05:12
Hallo
What magneti marelli ecu you are looking for? I have in Dallara very old ecu Magneti Marelli MF3S :-( Why you dont buy Motec ECU? It is able to operate VVTi.

I get info that in one racing school in UK where they use F1 race cars, they use traction control from racelogic and it is without any problem when it cuts fuel and not spark.

Please, can you send me pics of your progress of swaping toyota engine to your dallara to lander@email.cz

Filip

darcia1
07-12-08, 02:30
Hi Filip yes motec for us is local but you have to figure in the cost the magnetti marelli comes complete where for motec it becomes quite an expense with up grades...... i wil send some photos when we get things to fit there are not many beams engines competeing here in Aus maybe a handful so im developing it for this application nobody here is doing this i have sourced fuel injection set up today from manifold to throttle bodies ... we have only had the engine for a week and r progressing well... Regards Darren

yobdab
07-12-08, 08:49
Filip

We have Motec not with launch or traction control but with variable (by selection) rev limit which is utilsed for full throttle starts bouncing off the limiter.

It is possible to have either fuel or ignition cut to various amounts of each.

Our experience is less cut on fuel more on ignition works vice versa does not.

Nick.

lander
07-12-08, 20:20
Racelogic offer also spark cut for traction control. Do you think that this option will be better for F3 engine?

talbot
08-12-08, 11:23
I think a combination of fuel and spark cut would be best, I have ran with spark only cut and it was very harsh on the gear box.

yobdab
08-12-08, 11:27
I would go with that. As I said above seems to work better with an ignition bias.

lander
08-12-08, 17:26
What I understand from homepage of Racelogic, standart is fuel cut, or you can buy unit for spark cut. It looks that there is no option for fuel cut and spark cut together.

BlueGriff
08-12-08, 18:10
I have been considering this on a homebrew system. Aside from which works best it seems to me that cutting the fuel on full load could cause detonation problems, cutting the sparks whilst still throwing in lots of fuel could upset the cat. Really the best solution would be to control the throttle opening then the sparks and fuel can stay as per the normal map.

lander
09-12-08, 14:05
My friend has Eufra F3 is also interesting in Geartronics paddleshift. Has anybody experience with it?

I also talk to Geartronics about Racelogic traction control and they writed me, that the best solution will be to install new ECU (my friend is now on webers 45 in Eufra F3, I have Magneti Marelli MF3S ecu in Dallara F394) DTA S80 which has also traction and launch control.

Has anybody eperience with that ECU? Able to get it for better price?

Has anybody experience with old ecu Magneti Marelli MF3S? Software, cable to comunicate?

Craig Powers
11-01-09, 14:16
I think a combination of fuel and spark cut would be best, I have ran with spark only cut and it was very harsh on the gear box.

Agreed, hard cut on ignition only allows fuel to flow through engine with some resultant backfire. Better to cut both if you have EFI

Nick A
11-01-09, 22:57
My friend has Eufra F3 is also interesting in Geartronics paddleshift. Has anybody experience with it?

I also talk to Geartronics about Racelogic traction control and they writed me, that the best solution will be to install new ECU (my friend is now on webers 45 in Eufra F3, I have Magneti Marelli MF3S ecu in Dallara F394) DTA S80 which has also traction and launch control.

Has anybody eperience with that ECU? Able to get it for better price?

Has anybody experience with old ecu Magneti Marelli MF3S? Software, cable to comunicate?

Hi, Have used DTA and works very well, ran it in a Supercharged Hayabusa engined Westfield (300 bhp) and both launch and traction worked really well.
Can sort one out for you with a good price if you contact me nick@plays-kool.co.uk
Cheers Nick

lander
12-01-09, 11:11
2 Nick : you have mail.

Filip