PDA

View Full Version : Weber question

Alpinepg
23-03-09, 18:22
What on earth do the various number designations mean on Weber carbs? For instance....28/36 or 32/36? I am looking at downdraughts for a wee project at the minute and have no idea whats what!

yobdab
23-03-09, 19:02
You are looking at what is the DGV version which is a twin choke (two barrel) progressive downdraft carb.

The two numbers refer to the first (primary) choke size and the second (secondary) choke size.

As the description, progressive suggests the secondary choke comes into use as the throttle pedal is depressed.

camalot
23-03-09, 19:06
You might get some usefull info here http://www.webcon.co.uk/

ERAYJ
23-03-09, 19:13
If you are referring to the 28/36 DCD carb I am sure you can actualy change the choke sizes. Most of the other downdraft types have the chokes machined into the carb body itself and cannot be changed unless you bore them out.

Alpinepg
23-03-09, 19:17
Thanks....that'll do for me!

yobdab
23-03-09, 19:22
If you are referring to the 28/36 DCD carb I am sure you can actualy change the choke sizes. Most of the other downdraft types have the chokes machined into the carb body itself and cannot be changed unless you bore them out.

You are absolutely correct the DCD designation is for removable chokes. They only call it by the secondary choke size. So 36DCD which comes with 27/35 chokes as standard (I think) but as you point out you can put a variety of sizes in.