PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop Hill climb slicks

Joshua
27-01-10, 12:00
Has anyone on here had any experience with Dunlop's HC100 compound hill climb slicks?

Up untill the end of last season we were running the Dunlop 639 compound (their softest compound available in that size) Radials 190/535R13 front & 230/570R13 rears on our 1400cc motorcycle engined single seater. (see attached pic)

Now that we have added more power to the car by supercharging it we are going for a wider patch tyre (230/535R13 front & 280/570R13 rear)

Anybody tried this compound yet??

Cheers

Joshua
17-03-10, 18:39
Last weekend we the had round 1 of the National Hill climb championship here in Malta and finally got to run on the new Dunlop HC100 hill climb tyres with 2nd & 3rd overall results first time out. Hoepfully next Sunday we will make that 1st and 2nd!! My newly supercharged 1400 car was transformed on these tyres and gave me a certain confidence that the car never gave before right off the start line.

If I'm not mistaken these new HC100's are currently in stock at Dunlop Motorsport. I recommend trying them & I'm sure you wont be disappointed!

This was on a 39 second narrow hill quite similar to the hills in the UK.

Orange car is myself and the white Ralt with a Honda S2000 engine is young Zachery Zammit.

http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt242/johnbulsport/JBR42ndHairpin.jpg

http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt242/johnbulsport/ZachRalt2ndHairpin2ndrun.jpg

will loughridge
17-03-10, 18:50
Avon is the standard issue tyre here in the uk and not too many stray from what they know. The compounds we were running on Force busa was the softest available and suited our hill climbs which some are no longer than 60 seconds long and as short as 30 seconds.
Your cars look good.

Joshua
25-05-10, 09:48
Last Sunday 23rd May, we managed to get our first overall win on the SAME set of Dunlop HC100,s which we atarted the season on competeing against all the other fresh new Avon rubber!

We established a new hill Record of 45.39 seconds.

Is there STILL nobody running on these tyres in the UK hill climbs??

Bunman
25-05-10, 10:39
Tried to source some but nobody at Dunlop UK seemed to know what I was talking about. I would be interested in trying some, do you have any contact numbers or names.
Regards
John.

jo white
25-05-10, 11:02
Dunlop dont do these for UK competitors

Rescue Dude
25-05-10, 12:03
Dunlop dont do these for UK competitors

I can't find them listed anywhere. :confused:

Joshua
25-05-10, 12:14
Tried to source some but nobody at Dunlop UK seemed to know what I was talking about. I would be interested in trying some, do you have any contact numbers or names.
Regards
John.

Dunlop Motorsport

+44 (0) 121 306 6000

Ask to them to put you through to Motorsport Car and ask for Michael Butler or Mike McGregor. They are HC100 compound and are made in 280/570R13 & 230/535R13.

Maybe if enough people keep pestering them they might produce them in more commonly used sizes.

Joshua
25-05-10, 12:17
http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt242/johnbulsport/DSC10041150868x12Lustre.jpg

darcia1
25-05-10, 14:33
http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt242/johnbulsport/DSC10041150868x12Lustre.jpg

Joshua vera sabiha... for all those the translation is very beautiful.. thats great outright win sensational result ... im going to check with Stuckeys in the morning they are the Aus dunlop dis tributors .. located in brunswick.. care and storage of tyres.?? the sunny days of Malta resemble the days here tracks id say the same... did you compete in the Valetta grand prix?? saw bits on tve Malta program we get here in OZ.... :D:D

Joshua
25-05-10, 17:29
Thanks Darren, nop, I was helping out with the Marshalling at the Valletta GP which was mainly for historic cars.

Re. storage and care - the usuall bedding in in order for the tyre to keep as consistent as possible which is heating it up for the first time steadily without spinning it or locking up the brakes untill you've brought the tyre up to working temp. and then leaving them cool right down to their cold temp. Storage - in black garbage bags after washing them in order to keep them away from U.V rays. Same old general process I guess!

Take care mate.

darcia1
27-05-10, 01:15
Thanks Darren, nop, I was helping out with the Marshalling at the Valletta GP which was mainly for historic cars.

Re. storage and care - the usuall bedding in in order for the tyre to keep as consistent as possible which is heating it up for the first time steadily without spinning it or locking up the brakes untill you've brought the tyre up to working temp. and then leaving them cool right down to their cold temp. Storage - in black garbage bags after washing them in order to keep them away from U.V rays. Same old general process I guess!

Take care mate.

It looked to be a good event.in the small snippett they showed. Tve have a half hour show here every sunday morning on SBS.. tv at 10.30 it would be good to get in contact w them to show some hillclimb action as they have a sports section.. ill get their details and pass on to u..:) On another note re tyres dunlop are looking into it for me but at the moment they dont list these tyres.. here for sale .. ill let u know how i get on

darcia1
27-05-10, 15:38
HC 100 HILLCILMB SLICKS......heres a bit of the story of these tyres. this was passed on to me .. these tyres .were made by Dunlop. as a toe in the water exercise. A business case was made so 1 batch was made in various sizes...mainly for open wheeler type stuff very vague here. They have proved to be both fast and dureable... as Josh has attested to. these tyre are not listed in any motorsport lists... No tyres made ther way to Australia or Asia... Dunlop Motorsport in their wisdom are not making anymore. Never say never.. As everybody is looking for a little advantage over the norm (avon) these may prove to be the ACE.... we r all looking for......

Joshua
27-05-10, 19:46
Coincidentally, this morning I was on the phone with Russell from Stuckey motorsport in Australia and when I mentioned Dunlop HC100 his immediate reply was "these havent been produced for some time now". My reply to that was " I'm sorry to tell you mate but I'm currently running them on my car and Dunlop have been producing them again since last year".

To cut along story short, he hadnt been informed that these were being produced just like Dunlop Italy havent and Dunlop Germany either, not even HP tyres in the UK who are the main RACE distributors for Dunlop motorsport in the UK.

Well anyway I've had confirmation already that Stuckey will be doing their best to have these available in Australia Darren so at least all my phone calls half way round the world werent for nothing and it looks like this tyre might eventually get into the right channels!

All we need now is for Dunlop to produce it some other more commonly used sizes like 230/570R13 & 190/535R13. Maybe, Maybe....u never know!!

darcia1
27-05-10, 21:02
Coincidentally, this morning I was on the phone with Russell from Stuckey motorsport in Australia and when I mentioned Dunlop HC100 his immediate reply was "these havent been produced for some time now". My reply to that was " I'm sorry to tell you mate but I'm currently running them on my car and Dunlop have been producing them again since last year".

To cut along story short, he hadnt been informed that these were being produced just like Dunlop Italy havent and Dunlop Germany either, not even HP tyres in the UK who are the main RACE distributors for Dunlop motorsport in the UK.

Well anyway I've had confirmation already that Stuckey will be doing their best to have these available in Australia Darren so at least all my phone calls half way round the world werent for nothing and it looks like this tyre might eventually get into the right channels!

All we need now is for Dunlop to produce it some other more commonly used sizes like 230/570R13 & 190/535R13. Maybe, Maybe....u never know!!

Thanks Joshua.... i have spoken to mike in the UK and they are going to get back to me either today fri morning here or monday...