PDA

View Full Version : NEW 100 PILCHARD RACE FUEL...

temevalleyterrapin
19-04-10, 19:39
I personally am using my own 100 pilchard race fuel, I simply buy 24 and one eighth litres of normal 95ron petrol then add 100 pilchards (approx 20tins), i carefully wash off the tomato sauce first. The 100 pilchards tends to melt down into approx 7/8ths of a litre making it up to the full 25 litres.

You can make your own in the same way or, i can make some for you, cost depends on price of the petrol at the time, usually about 1.22 a litre, plus the pilchards, which again depends on where i get them. John West can sometimes make it a bit costly. But there is a Lidl opening soon in Bromsgrove apparently so that might be a cheaper source. ...As in, source of the pilchards not, the tomato sauce. :)

Fireblade
19-04-10, 20:06
An interesting blend if I may say so. The famed Marlbrook petro-chemical scientist Prof Poopsnaggle developed his own for use in his nephews cart using anchovies I believe.

Steve Wilkinson
19-04-10, 20:14
It all sounds fishy to me. :p

iranoff
19-04-10, 20:24
there is a Lidl opening soon in Bromsgrove

Bromsgrove gets Lidl'd.

Keeping up with Droitwich which has been well and truly Aldi'd.

Thin end of the wedge was Morrsions move into both towns.

Whatever next? Iceland or gasp, horror, FarmFoods.

robcapper
19-04-10, 20:42
Pilchards?! You cheating ****er Rich - you told me it was brine... I'd better get out to the garage and re jet my carbs...

melslodge
19-04-10, 20:51
After all this you would need re-Tuna-ing
I know where there's a Plaice for this
Will leave you between a Rock and a Hadd -ock place
Watch out for them Coli brothers
Eel be chasing you all the way
Straight down the turn-Plke
And for those of you hard of Herring
You will have a Whale of a time
Sprats all for now
Sea you all at Pr-escarg-ott

robcapper
19-04-10, 20:54
yeah Rich, you BASS-tard :)

whelk someone had to tell him, he's probably breaming from ear to ear....

temevalleyterrapin
19-04-10, 21:09
Pilchards?! You cheating ****er Rich - you told me it was brine... I'd better get out to the garage and re jet my carbs...

...dont you mean re-jet your Carp???

Anyway ...never mind the fish 'ling'o. I forgot to mention the bore lubricating properties of all that Omega-3 oils, why do you think that well known piston manufacturer chose 'that' name!

On another note it might actually be an Aldi, Eddie, now you mention it. I might just have got the Dutch giants confused! Either way im sure their tinned provisions will be cost effective .

iranoff
19-04-10, 21:17
I know my Plaice Rich, I was beginning to Flounder there for a minute.

Radical
19-04-10, 21:54
Eel wish he never Smelt it has quite a sTench

redturner37
19-04-10, 22:14
If it Smelts like a couple of Trout that I know, then it is bad. I am Herring that it will be a cheap version of Castrol Arrrrrrrr.

JamesK
19-04-10, 22:38
What a load of Pollock(s)!

siany1997
19-04-10, 23:09
Sounds unlikely to me but tunaver know? I use John dory who knows which shell is which, and insists you can't have your hake and eat it.

Richard Dunn
19-04-10, 23:18
reading this thread.

What is the Porpoise of it tho'?

It does get my Seal of approval.

McFish

jo white
19-04-10, 23:31
reading this thread.

What is the Porpoise of it tho'?

It does get my Seal of approval.

McFish

What about Gudgeon ?

Steve Wilkinson
20-04-10, 09:49
What about Gudgeon ?

I wouldn't pin you hopes on the gudgeon as they are unreliable and you may end up falling off your perch!

:D