Uphill Racers

Go Back   Uphill Racers > Tech Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Downloads Mark Forums Read

Tech Talk For questions & answers and regarding PC's, Operating Systems, Connections and all things computer related. Apple Mac not spoken here.

Old 08-02-18, 10:57
#UNLEARN

grahamb will become famous soon enough grahamb will become famous soon enough
More progress made in the last week. My program now senses when the car is stationery, and closes the open log files. As the car starts moving, it creates and opens new log files using the time/date for the filename, and again closes these when the car stops moving. This is to prevent data loss, and to keep the files down to a manageable size.

I've managed successfully to take the data created by the Pi across in to the Life Racing Lifeview analysis tool, and it will display the channels I'm recording from the A-D convertor, as well as speed, time etc. I've not worked out how to do track maps in Lifeview from a CSV import yet, but I'm working on it. Writing to the USB stick has made it far easier to get at the data with no data corruption so far.

The connectors have turned up for the suspension pots, so I can now wire them in and see how the suspension movement data looks.
Old 18-02-18, 08:03
#UNLEARN

grahamb will become famous soon enough grahamb will become famous soon enough
The software is all but finished now. It's been tested for around 80hrs, and all the bugs ironed out. Next step was to wire the potentiometers up and connect to the Pi so I have fitted a set of Deutsch connectors to the cables and I'll refit the pots to the dampers today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180217_181758(2).jpg (998.6 KB, 13 views)