Uphill Racers

Go Back   Uphill Racers > General > General Motorsport
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Downloads Mark Forums Read

General Motorsport Forum for the discussion of non speed event motorsport.

Old 16-08-17, 06:45

deanspoors is on a distinguished road
Could always buy back yours, buy this.. https://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...aha-r1/7485017 and you have a racing car with spares, plus a trailer to go with it.
Old 16-08-17, 11:05
#UNLEARN

grahamb will become famous soon enough grahamb will become famous soon enough
I'm looking at changing the way I tie my car down in the trailer, to aide loading/unloading.

Did you say on the FB post that all four wheels have turned 'oval' in the shunt? I cant see how that would have happened if you'd tied it down with the tie over the top of the tyre, as it appears to be done in the picture. I was assuming this was the best way of strapping a car down too.
Old 16-08-17, 14:13

dopdog will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamb View Post
I'm looking at changing the way I tie my car down in the trailer, to aide loading/unloading.

Did you say on the FB post that all four wheels have turned 'oval' in the shunt? I cant see how that would have happened if you'd tied it down with the tie over the top of the tyre, as it appears to be done in the picture. I was assuming this was the best way of strapping a car down too.
it is until you don't pull them tight enough and the straps just slip off the top of the wheels. The car then rolls freely around the trailer for the next 50 miles home. Ask me how I know this
Old 16-08-17, 14:38
#UNLEARN

grahamb will become famous soon enough grahamb will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopdog View Post
it is until you don't pull them tight enough and the straps just slip off the top of the wheels. The car then rolls freely around the trailer for the next 50 miles home. Ask me how I know this
You should try driving off and finding the trailer doesn't want to follow you because you didn't hitch it on the tow bar properly, that's scary.
Old 16-08-17, 15:54

nick98 will become famous soon enough nick98 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopdog View Post
Because I told you....
Old 17-08-17, 17:53
220 Racing

carl_w is on a distinguished road
Not so good news there Jeff

How does this "goods in transit" work? Do you have to insure the trailer for the value of the goods carried or something? Obviously if you drive into someone's covered trailer you have no idea what's inside -- could be a trailer full of white truffles.
Old 17-08-17, 20:48

Gregbarton is on a distinguished road
in this case its all covered by the 3rd parties insurance who admitted fault

if damage was caused by yourself, then if its covered on your own insurance is a another can of worms

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl_w View Post
Not so good news there Jeff

How does this "goods in transit" work? Do you have to insure the trailer for the value of the goods carried or something? Obviously if you drive into someone's covered trailer you have no idea what's inside -- could be a trailer full of white truffles.
Old 08-09-17, 17:00

jeffwiltshire will become famous soon enough
So a quick update.

Range Rover is off to get repaired next week, Trailer has been taken away and Insurance Co has paid out pretty much what I asked for. Phoenix is still being discussed but there first offer was in line with the lower end of my estimate and included retaining the car.

So getting there, albeit slowly.
Old 08-09-17, 20:13

kano nordie will become famous soon enough kano nordie will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffwiltshire View Post
So a quick update.

Range Rover is off to get repaired next week, Trailer has been taken away and Insurance Co has paid out pretty much what I asked for. Phoenix is still being discussed but there first offer was in line with the lower end of my estimate and included retaining the car.

So getting there, albeit slowly.
Jeff, I do hope you get sorted to your satisfaction.
Regards
John
Old 15-09-17, 17:41

jeffwiltshire will become famous soon enough
The insurance company (Chubb) have been very good really. They paid out new for old on the trailer and have given me a very good price for the Phoenix (which I have retained). I currently have a 64 Disco 4 outside as a hire car while the RR is being repaired and I'm off to collect my new Eco-Trailers Velocity RS tomorrow.

Compared with my previous run ins with the insurance industry this has been brilliant so well done Chubb for turning a miserable experience into something that was a least civilised and relatively swift.