Uphill Racers

Go Back   Uphill Racers > Sprint > Club Sprint
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Downloads Mark Forums Read

Old 15-07-14, 22:04
Sports Libre Puppet!

windy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by geetee View Post
We have, as a championship, tried to support the idea by offering Saloon Libre classes as there had seemed to be so much demand for it.

With only 3 registered class contenders in the Service hydraulics Speed Championship it is difficult to persuade event organisers to run this class at their events.
This is where it falls over I'm afraid, a class for scoring points in a championship is all very well, but you are not going to attract newcomers and popularity with spectators if there is no event class on the day.
Not everyone has the time or money to do a full championship.
Old 15-07-14, 22:10
#UNLEARN

grahamb will become famous soon enough grahamb will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by redturner37 View Post
P.s @ Graham, do modified saloon owners really know what they want.....
SL is too open a class to dream of being competitive in an engine swapped saloon.

Time for a change of direction. Let's see how time attack takes off with the new classic classes.
Old 15-07-14, 23:28

geetee is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by windy View Post
This is where it falls over I'm afraid, a class for scoring points in a championship is all very well, but you are not going to attract newcomers and popularity with spectators if there is no event class on the day.
Someone had to start somewhere so we in good faith took all those who wanted a saloon libre class and did what we could to assist. It then relied on competitors to register and we could then approach the organisers of events and say we have (say) 10 contenders in saloon libre, will you run classes for them but without the numbers the event organisers are not going to be interested.
Old 16-07-14, 06:20

jeffwiltshire will become famous soon enough
Well done to WSCC, great event, well run.
Old 16-07-14, 09:03

andylaurence will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by windy View Post
I'm going to put this bluntly - if people can't be arsed to do a full season, then why should a championship or club go to the effort of organising a special class for those part-timers to play? Add fluff as you see fit. There's been lots of encouragement for road-based libre cars; rally car classes at all events in the ASWMC region for the last 5-10 years, saloon libre classes at events and in a championship over the last year. There's not been much take-up. I appreciate that it's frustrating to be non-competitive in a class, but there's normallt someone to trade times with, even if they're not in your class.
Old 20-07-14, 13:24
#UNLEARN

grahamb will become famous soon enough grahamb will become famous soon enough
Most of us have the passion, ambition and drive to complete a full season.

But not everyone has the personal circumstances to make that level of commitment. Choose your words more carefully Andy.

Just because a few people don't go to every round doesn't mean they can't be arsed to do so.
Old 21-07-14, 09:49

andylaurence will become famous soon enough
You know what I mean. I'm just trying to illustrate that there seems to be little real demand beyond a few committed competitors. Perhaps you and Windy should get together to decide which events you want to do and go to the organisers of the events you enter together at the start of the season before the regs go out to ask for a Saloon Libre class. If they know they have two guaranteed entries, then that's a clear pointer to a demand. They might well start a class and if you can promote enough entries, it might well become a permanent fixture.

Tags
sprint , wscc blyton