Uphill Racers

Go Back   Uphill Racers > Sprint > Club Sprint
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Downloads Mark Forums Read

Old 26-02-10, 14:03

The Pugilist is on a distinguished road
J

As always, well informed and balanced views.

Basically, the powers that be are ill educated on the subject and need shooting!

I feel sorry for championship organisers, event organisers and most importanatly to the people who matter most, the clubman competitior.

Fortunatley for me I do not need to get involved with them anymore...
Old 26-02-10, 14:51
Mmmmm........

siany1997 will become famous soon enough
The only permitted tyres within these classes are those
defined in the 2009 or 2010 MSA Technical Regulations
List 1A. Tyres must be in a road legal condition.

Nicked from Harewoods regs...... As a new starter I thought the crap was out of the way, now I'm stuck with £350 new 1A tyres which are useless compared to anything off of the 1b list. Unless it's raining. Does that mean everyone will need a spare set of rims for the wet ? Not very clubman-like.
Old 26-02-10, 14:53
Purr louder pussy cat

PumaWestie is on a distinguished road
Yes - but have those regs been finally approved by the MSA or are they "draft"?
Old 26-02-10, 15:01
Mmmmm........

Quote:
Originally Posted by PumaWestie View Post
Yes - but have those regs been finally approved by the MSA or are they "draft"?
They went on-line about 2 weeks ago (from memory) and are the 2010 Harewood championship regs. Unlikely to be a draft document if it's available to the masses.

Simon
Old 26-02-10, 16:02

SteveM is on a distinguished road
As far as i know,but dont quote me please, the msa did approve them before they were published, the harewood ones that is. The msa has caused enough expence already, my son has had to throw away a helmet that he has worn 4 times because they change the regs, next a new set of overalls are needed,again worn 4 times, now our tyres are scrap, i make that about a £1000 in total. What i cant understand is, why change it, ok 1b's we might go 3 seconds quicker, but we will all do that so what is the gain?
Steve
Old 26-02-10, 16:03
Senior Citizen

redturner37 is a jewel in the rough redturner37 is a jewel in the rough redturner37 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
Another example of the powers that be in motor sport thinking everyone has a bottomless pocket. In the end they are going to price everyone out of the sport. I am lucky have not bought any new 1a tyres as mine were still ok, but am not sure that i can afford to buy any 1b's, so do i turn up on 1a,s and have no chance, or do i call it a do and give up. The whole thing has just got so out of hand this last 12 months.
Steve
Sounds to me like you should all get your heads together and inform the organising clubs that you will not be supporting them untill something is done about the tyre situation. Methinks that if they are going to lose lots of entry fees, which may decide whether or not an event breaks even, I feel sure they will soon be knocking on the door of the MSA to get things sorted for all the people concerned. It appears to be just like the ferry situation on another thread, they have you by the nuts and are squeezing tighter every season. I for one would not be paying all the inter island ferry charges being quoted. If the BHC were to threaten to withdraw and have the events somewhere else I dont think it would be long before they negotiated a sensible charge.
Old 26-02-10, 17:06
Mmmmm........

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
As far as i know,but dont quote me please, the msa did approve them before they were published, the harewood ones that is. The msa has caused enough expence already, my son has had to throw away a helmet that he has worn 4 times because they change the regs, next a new set of overalls are needed,again worn 4 times, now our tyres are scrap, i make that about a £1000 in total. What i cant understand is, why change it, ok 1b's we might go 3 seconds quicker, but we will all do that so what is the gain?
Steve
I don't understand the logic behind allowing 1b at all at this stage. Harewood has published bogey times in the roadgoing classes which I assume are based on 1a tyres.

If they allow 1b then so be it, but forcing it upon competitors,clubs and organisers without warning, a month before the season starts is both outrageous and incompetent. Someone must have known weeks,if not months ago that this would be enforced throughout the country.

And the irony is that until I see or hear something from Harewood I can't even think about buying 1b tyres. Is it me ??
Old 26-02-10, 17:19

SteveM is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by siany1997 View Post

And the irony is that until I see or hear something from Harewood I can't even think about buying 1b tyres. Is it me ??
No its not you its the powers in there ivory tower who dont care about the people who pay there wages.
Old 26-02-10, 18:08
tyrekicker

dennis.doyle is on a distinguished road
Whoever put the MSA up to this action a couple of days before March should be deeply ashamed of themselves.
Old 26-02-10, 18:10
Skoda leg end

Alpinepg will become famous soon enough Alpinepg will become famous soon enough
In defence of the MSA, they did published a fairly strict guideline that said 1a and 1b months back. Various clubs in the north went against this and have tried to push other clubs the same way. Allowing only list 1a would actually bar quite a lot of hot hatches from the standard class and in the production car class it is now not possible to buy decent 1a tyres for 13" wheels......so if youre running an older style car you end up with tyres that verge on dangerous when attached to a lightweight 100bhp car.