Uphill Racers

Go Back   Uphill Racers > Technical > Rules & Reg's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Downloads Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-17, 15:01

david.seaton will become famous soon enough david.seaton will become famous soon enough
Well after the ROPS debacle last year, none of this affects me !!!
Got a Passport and the car is self starting anyhow.
Thank the lord - I couldn't face another nightmare.
Old 03-10-17, 15:05
#UNLEARN

grahamb will become famous soon enough grahamb will become famous soon enough
We get to pay £2.50 for a sticker to go on our FHR's too (10.4.1)

Also there's a reference to non-historic vehicles built using period specification parts, does that do away with grandfather rights for some of the cars competing.

Reason: To remove the situation whereby a newly manufactured car to historic specification (a continuation or replica car) is not able to take advantage of the same period exemptions from safety equipment as the original genuine car.

It also removes the situation whereby a car originally built in a defined period but now modified with modern major components can be exempt from safety equipment purely by virtue of its original build date. Despite the modern modifications allowing far greater performance than that car would have had in period.
Old 03-10-17, 15:36
Return of The Sith

team knifedge will become famous soon enough team knifedge will become famous soon enough
I read that as "c type replicas don't need Rops" type of scenario - I stand to be corrected
Old 03-10-17, 16:06
Freelance Wing Mangler

image is on a distinguished road
Knife.... The first para is just that!.... However the second would cover an old single seater (for instance) that was re-engined to be quicker than period..... Or any period defined vehicle that has been 'hot-rodded' to pep it up a bit..... I drive an old single seater chassis now bike engined... Fortunately just too young to fall into any of the actual 'period defined' ranges.... Few years older and it would fall foul of this!!
Old 03-10-17, 16:16

salexander is on a distinguished road
a least they give a useful series of introduction dates - to allow us to plan our retirement from the sport according the level of grief the new rules introduce to your chosen vehicle/class!
Old 03-10-17, 16:22

GrahamV is on a distinguished road
Did I read that HANS devices will need a sticker as well as crash helmets ? Or did I make this up?
Old 03-10-17, 16:23

gsyracer is on a distinguished road
Oh yippee... more BS....

Before I jump on the bandwagon, has anyone had confirmation these rules will apply to Hillclimb/Sprint vehicles or a generic across the board for all cars (except road going)??
Old 03-10-17, 16:30

jeffwiltshire will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Imagination View Post
I've competed in speed events for 30 ish years and have seen one fire in the paddock (quickly extinguished by competitors/marshals) and never while a vehicle is competing.
Sadly I've had occasion to be driving a car in a sprint which caught fire and had to trigger the onboard extinguisher.

Old 03-10-17, 16:39

CNHSS1 has a spectacular aura about CNHSS1 has a spectacular aura about
With the amount of hooky fake safety gear coming out of foreign lands, a method of checking and certifying via a sticker isn't a bad idea imho
Extinguishers simply reduces the likelihood of major damage with a fuel rail leak on an injected car, again if same rule for all then no loss of performance advantage by running one.
The replica and continuation clause is a good idea for circuit racing where modern V8s in 60s cars on modern rubber but with no ROPS or modern harnesses will save someone life, so can't see an argument against it. Less relevant with hills, as less of that tupe of car competing, but just as important in event of a big 'un.

Dates of implementation is much much better than in previous years
Old 03-10-17, 16:50

No Imagination will become famous soon enough
Unfortunate - and I'm pleased that your system saved further damage, however I guess it was never going to be life threatening, so really shouldn't it be up to competitors to decide on the level of risk?

If the MSA 'blazers' - (no pun intended!) are suddenly worried about fire hazards perhaps some minimum fuel/oil plumbing standards should be introduced first...........