Go Back   Uphill Racers > Sprint > British Sprint Championship
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Downloads Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-08, 20:45
Ex Radical owner

Radical has a spectacular aura about Radical has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackx View Post

Cost doesn't bother me
if only we were all independently wealthy ( like the Bkackxs )
Old 10-12-08, 20:55
Spectacularly admonished

iranoff will become famous soon enough iranoff will become famous soon enough
I think the BlackX's are often 'code 35' rather like me.

Iranoff
Old 24-02-09, 11:12

Steve Wilkinson will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Wilkinson View Post
The dates etc are:

28.03.09 Castle Combe - Bristol MC
13.04.09 Croft - Darlington & DMC
06.06.09 Pembrey - BARC (Wales)
07.06.09 Pembrey - BARC (Wales)
13.06.09 Anglesey - Chester MC
14.06.09 Anglesey - Chester MC
04.07.09 Kirkistown - 500 MRCI
05.07.09 Kirkistown - 500 MRCI
01.08.09 Kames - EACC
02.08.09 Kames - EACC
15.08.09 Lydden - London Irish/7Oaks
16.08.09 Lydden - London Irish/7Oaks
31.08.09 Colerne - Bristol 2 Clubs
06.09.09 Mallory - Sheffield & Hallamshire
03.10.09 Cadwell - Borough 19

Best 10 scores to count (this you can accomplish in a mere 5 weekends should you wish, as we have that many double headers)
PRESS BULLETIN 2009/01 – 24th February 2009

The British Motor Sprint Association is sad to have to announce the loss of their final SBD Motorsport British Sprint Championship round for 2009. The event was to have taken place at the favorite venue for so many of the Sprint community, Motorsport Vision’s beautiful Cadwell Park in Lincolnshire on 3rd October 2009.

The date was required by a motorcycle race organiser who already had secured the other date of that weekend. Sadly the plethora of invited championship could not reach a consensus on any of the 5 alternative weekend dates offered by MSV and therefore Borough 19 MC, the organising club, had no alternative but to cancel the event for 2009.

Strident efforts will be made by all of the championships involved to ensure that the event returns to the calendar in 2010.

For the SBD Motorsport British Sprint Championship there will now be just 14 qualifying events of which the best 9 results will count towards each competitor’s final Championship position etc.
Old 10-04-09, 18:42

Round 2 is on Easter Monday and please be aware ..............

The Scots are coming!

Current Championship Leaders Terry Holmes & Nick Algar will have the two Stewart Robbs, Colin & Heather Calder plus Roy & possibly Ross Napier to contend with. It should be a cracking meeting with Porsche Speed, Westfield Speed, Morgan Speed and Midland Speed providing the support programme.

Old 14-04-09, 08:50

Redmistracing is on a distinguished road
As some may know, myself and father are again competing in the junior championship this year. We are already a bit disheartened as before we have even competed in our first designated event we already think we face an uphill struggle to be competitive this year due to the massive points scored by those who had nominated castle coombe as one of their events. They scored massive points due to the slow records of last year (due to the wet conditions) beginning used as the 'boogie' times this year. We very much doubt that we will be able to make up the +30% over the 4 events we have selected as all the records have been set in the dry. Shame there is a clause that if records are set in a dry event, and the event is wet scores will be based on the class times of that day, but when the records set in the wet there is no such rule the other way round......
Old 14-04-09, 15:50

The organisers are looking at ways in which the unusual circumstances, which have impacted upon the scoring of the Junior Challenge, can be avoided in future. They are taking time to get the revised regulation right because it is important that the various possibilities work. In wet events it is not as simple a matter, as Tim suggests, that scores are based upon class times on the day, because the regulation doesn't say that. It is unlikely that any alteration will be made in 2009, since the MSA's General Regulations require any change to existing Championship Regulations meets with the agreement of all registered participants and it is less than likely they will all agree! The organisers think it a pity that Tim Tudor used the forum to highlight this shortcoming rather than contact them directly as so far they've heard nothing from him on the issue.

Old 14-04-09, 19:44
British Sprint Champ09/10

Nick A is on a distinguished road
Tim, Unfortunatley these things crop up from time to time. It's very difficult to regulate against and probably not worth the complexity, which then makes it very difficult to know where you have actually come on the day. One of the good things about the British Sprint is the ease of working out the scoring together with the extra points when you break records

Have a look and see if there are any other places with "soft" records and go to those. Or just come anlong and have a good time, like the rest of us.
Old 14-04-09, 21:07

Redmistracing is on a distinguished road
Steve, the reason I did not write to the organisers was I was just writing some general thoughts on the subject to see if anyone else had any thoughts on how regulations could be improved as I realise championship scoring for sprinting is extremely difficult to achieve where everyone feels it is fair 100% of the time. Even with an 'on the day' points system it obviously depends on who's in your class etc, if no one else was in your class you'd get maximum points which is obviously also got its down points.... I had no idea the organisers would take objection to a discussion topic being posted on the forum, for which I apologise.

Obviously we accepted the written regulations when we joined the championship and are aware we should have foreseen that Castle Coombe was a soft record should we have been competing seriously. We fully intend on continuing to compete in and support the championship for fun.

Sorry if any offence was caused but I really only meant to raise a point for some thoughts.
Old 15-04-09, 10:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmistracing View Post
Steve, the reason I did not write to the organisers was I was just writing some general thoughts on the subject to see if anyone else had any thoughts on how regulations could be improved as I realise championship scoring for sprinting is extremely difficult to achieve where everyone feels it is fair 100% of the time.

.... I had no idea the organisers would take objection to a discussion topic being posted on the forum, for which I apologise.

Sorry if any offence was caused but I really only meant to raise a point for some thoughts.
Tim, firstly the organisation of the BSC don't object to you airing your thoughts but would have preffered that you had at least talked to them before hand.

No offence has been taken, in fact the reverse if anything is true as we hadn't seen the problem with Combe with respect to the Junior Challenge. We have taken another look at the Regulations and as stated previously there is nothing we can realistically do for this year but we will be introducing a change for 2010.