Uphill Racers

Go Back   Uphill Racers > Sprint > British Sprint Championship
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Downloads Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-09-10, 13:06
PumaWestie's Avatar
PumaWestie PumaWestie is offline
Purr louder pussy cat
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Southam
Posts: 969
PumaWestie is on a distinguished road
2010 British Sprint Champion

On Bank Holiday Monday at Colerne, Nick Algar retained his British Sprint champion title for 2010.

Nick missed 5 events earlier in the season due to the Icelandic volcano and a family bereavement which in theory should have handed the championship to his rivals but he came back to storm through to the last run of the season and clinch it by just 2 points.

Well done Nick
__________________
Will it ever be fast enough?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-09-10, 13:59
andylaurence's Avatar
andylaurence andylaurence is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bristol
Posts: 1,536
andylaurence will become famous soon enough
Yes, a great achievement, as it also was for Simon Clemow to put his Radical into the Top 12. What a cracking day too - lovely warm weather. Shame I was the very last car at the far end of the paddock. It's a long walk to that burger van!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-09-10, 14:12
Steve Wilkinson's Avatar
Steve Wilkinson Steve Wilkinson is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Southport
Posts: 4,368
Steve Wilkinson will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by PumaWestie View Post
On Bank Holiday Monday at Colerne, Nick Algar retained his British Sprint champion title for 2010.

Nick missed 5 events earlier in the season due to the Icelandic volcano and a family bereavement which in theory should have handed the championship to his rivals but he came back to storm through to the last run of the season and clinch it by just 2 points.

Well done Nick
Both Nick & Stewart had their problems this year - Nick missing rounds and Stewart having 3 mechanical glitches that cost him dearly. I believe that even if Stewart hadn't had the mechanical problem at Colerne then Nick would still have won the event and become the 2010 champion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andylaurence View Post
Yes, a great achievement, as it also was for Simon Clemow to put his Radical into the Top 12. What a cracking day too - lovely warm weather. Shame I was the very last car at the far end of the paddock. It's a long walk to that burger van!
Andy, you really need to sort out the front end of the ADR - you could hear the front splitter chattering on the track as it approached Turn 4 from where I was stood at Turn 7! BTW the bacon roll and bacon & brie baguette were delicious!
__________________
He was stopped stationary - James Hunt
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-09-10, 15:04
andylaurence's Avatar
andylaurence andylaurence is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bristol
Posts: 1,536
andylaurence will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Wilkinson View Post
Andy, you really need to sort out the front end of the ADR - you could hear the front splitter chattering on the track as it approached Turn 4 from where I was stood at Turn 7! BTW the bacon roll and bacon & brie baguette were delicious!
Yeah, I know. Amazingly, I couldn't hear it with the engine buzzing at 13500rpm behind my head. The splitter is now half the weight it was on Sunday though

In fairness, I'd never driven it before, so it was all new to me. Things like the electric water pump isn't in addition to the mechanical one in the engine - it replaces it! I think the left-front needs re-balancing too, as the vibration at speed was immense. I've got 6 months until the Great Western to sort it out...

Yes, the bacon and brie breakfast was indeed superb.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 16:58.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright© 2007-2018 Uphill Racers www.uphillracers.com