Uphill Racers

Go Back   Uphill Racers > Sprint > British Sprint Championship
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Downloads Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 10-01-08, 15:05
jo white jo white is offline
jo white
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: oxford
Posts: 911
jo white is on a distinguished road
theyve got the silent glider version Vulcan
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 13-01-08, 13:18
Nick A's Avatar
Nick A Nick A is offline
British Sprint Champ09/10
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 656
Nick A is on a distinguished road
Another venue, within 2 hours of home Fantastic
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 13-01-08, 15:14
Steve Wilkinson's Avatar
Steve Wilkinson Steve Wilkinson is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Southport
Posts: 4,377
Steve Wilkinson will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick A View Post
Another venue, within 2 hours of home Fantastic
Knew you would be happy - and it's a double header!!!
__________________
He was stopped stationary - James Hunt
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 13-01-08, 19:13
iranoff's Avatar
iranoff iranoff is offline
Spectacularly admonished
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Styvechale - it's pronounced Stychull
Posts: 2,942
iranoff will become famous soon enough iranoff will become famous soon enough
What happened to the Aintree round?
__________________
You want HOW much?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 13-01-08, 19:29
Fireblade's Avatar
Fireblade Fireblade is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Quahog, RI
Posts: 2,551
Fireblade is a jewel in the rough Fireblade is a jewel in the rough Fireblade is a jewel in the rough Fireblade is a jewel in the rough
I think it fell at the first hurdle, iranoff.


What happened to the Knockhill round I wonder. Or are Wigton holding it in secret like their forum?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 14-01-08, 10:41
Steve Wilkinson's Avatar
Steve Wilkinson Steve Wilkinson is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Southport
Posts: 4,377
Steve Wilkinson will become famous soon enough
Aintree & Knockhill

The BSC Co-ordinator Paul Parker has put together the following response to the two queries on Aintree & Knockhill:

1. Aintree - "The number of events, for 2008, has increased and we have a self imposed limit, which we are approaching. We had therefore to consider existing events from 2007. As the mileage per event, for a Top 12 runner, will be over 13 in 2008 and Aintree's less than 7, it was reluctantly difficult to justify its continuance."

2. Knockhill - "The cost of hire of Knockhill was to be significantly increased in 2008. The Scottish Sprint Championship (whose involvement is crucial to make any Sprint event financially viable at Knockhill) had already expressed its unwillingness to support a Wigton organised round. No other club, or consortium of clubs, was willing to take on the role of Knockhill organiser."

As a Liverpool Motor Club member I am sad to see Aintree dropped however we at the club will be working hard to get a two lap version operational and once that is up & running it is hoped that the BSC may return.

__________________
He was stopped stationary - James Hunt
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 14-01-08, 11:38
Hasta Hasta is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Worcester
Posts: 1,748
Hasta is a jewel in the rough Hasta is a jewel in the rough Hasta is a jewel in the rough Hasta is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Wilkinson View Post
The BSC Co-ordinator Paul Parker has put together the following response to the two queries on Aintree & Knockhill:

1. Aintree - "The number of events, for 2008, has increased and we have a self imposed limit, which we are approaching. We had therefore to consider existing events from 2007. As the mileage per event, for a Top 12 runner, will be over 13 in 2008 and Aintree's less than 7, it was reluctantly difficult to justify its continuance."

2. Knockhill - "The cost of hire of Knockhill was to be significantly increased in 2008. The Scottish Sprint Championship (whose involvement is crucial to make any Sprint event financially viable at Knockhill) had already expressed its unwillingness to support a Wigton organised round. No other club, or consortium of clubs, was willing to take on the role of Knockhill organiser."

As a Liverpool Motor Club member I am sad to see Aintree dropped however we at the club will be working hard to get a two lap version operational and once that is up & running it is hoped that the BSC may return.


I was wondering why Aintree wasnt in the list , Especially as a I suspect I may actually go this year.
Disappointing that it comes down to mileage per event. Perhaps soon it will be renamed the British Middle distance Championship.

Hasta
__________________
I now know a liitle more about using an extinguisher
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 14-01-08, 13:31
Steve Wilkinson's Avatar
Steve Wilkinson Steve Wilkinson is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Southport
Posts: 4,377
Steve Wilkinson will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasta View Post
I was wondering why Aintree wasnt in the list , Especially as a I suspect I may actually go this year.
Disappointing that it comes down to mileage per event. Perhaps soon it will be renamed the British Middle distance Championship.

Hasta
Compared to hillclimbing it should be LONG Distance!

__________________
He was stopped stationary - James Hunt
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 14-01-08, 13:32
FLoads FLoads is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 736
FLoads is on a distinguished road
At the sort of length quoted, it is, surely, no longer a sprint but more one car race.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 14-01-08, 14:29
Steve Wilkinson's Avatar
Steve Wilkinson Steve Wilkinson is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Southport
Posts: 4,377
Steve Wilkinson will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLoads View Post
At the sort of length quoted, it is, surely, no longer a sprint but more one car race.

Remember the mileages quoted by Paul are what are achieved in the day not in one run!

__________________
He was stopped stationary - James Hunt
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright© 2007-2018 Uphill Racers www.uphillracers.com