Uphill Racers

Go Back   Uphill Racers > News & Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Downloads Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-17, 17:18

Uphill Racers is on a distinguished road
Pilbeam Mick - Message of thanks

Received from Mick's wife, Sue:

Thank you to everyone who came to the funeral in Baston of my husband Mick Howlett last Friday 3 March. We were told that there were 300 people in the church and Mick would have been so happy to have seen so many family, and friends who had traveled from all over the country. Having received the list of attendees there were so many people that I never saw. Thank you to those who followed us in the rain to the burial, that meant a great deal to me to have that support.

Thank you to over 200 people who were able to go to the Celebration of Mick's life afterwards at The Corn Exchange in Bourne. There was such a happy atmosphere, with family, and friends from darts, Hillclimbing - both Pilbeam and other manufacturers represented; plus those representing Gurston, Prescott and Hagley & District as well as clubs in Scotland, also Clerks, Marshals and Rescue, and so many from the Bourne Motorsport industry (it was like an early Christmas works 'do' in the bar!)

Thank you to those who helped me when Mick was first diagnosed, and continued to support me through all of the proceedings, thank you to Mick's cousin Sandra for working with me on what Mick and I had discussed for his funeral and achieving a very special and personal service. Thank you to Carol for everything she has done, plus keeping me company and organising me. Thank you to Rich Danby for allowing me to use photographs to create a very personal coffin, help personalise the cake beautifully decorated by Carol and create a fantastic slide show, which helped create the atmosphere that I wanted. Thank you to the six pallbearers, personally asked by Mick, who carefully carried my husband for the final time. And to Sandra for her readings, Amanda for giving people a new side of Mick, and to Sandra Tomlin, Morgan Jenkins, Amy Jenkins and Oliver for such a humorous insight into what so many of us get up to at weekends! Lastly, thank you to Rev Linda for the service.

I am also very happy to announce that in the church we were able to collect £1092.48 for the Sue Ryder Thorpe Hall Hospice (and cheques are still coming in) and £294.18 for Baston Church.

Thank you again.
Closed Thread