Uphill Racers

Go Back   Uphill Racers > Technical > Rules & Reg's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Downloads Mark Forums Read

Old 19-12-17, 21:29

gsyracer is on a distinguished road
Sorry to hi-jack thread, I have just suddenly realised something regarding licences...

Would anyone have an e-mail for the MSA Licencing department? I am unable to call them due to work and I fear any phone call will last longer than 10 minutes! Thanks all
Old 20-12-17, 00:09

Biggles will become famous soon enough
You can't email them. It's phone only.

Must be an interesting question if you expect it to take more than 10 mins. I've phoned them twice in the last year with what I thought were a couple of obscure questions - both were answered immediately & without hesitiation so they're pretty switched on.
Old 20-12-17, 00:29

asklepios is on a distinguished road
Of course if the answer is "no" then a brief call. But joking aside they are pretty helpful on the phone.
Old 20-12-17, 19:41

gsyracer is on a distinguished road
It was more of a "questioning of logic" as I have 2 different types of licence (Rally and Kart) yet none of them allow me to race my dads Legends car from 2018. More money for money sake yet I could go and buy a Ferrari and race it no questions asked.
Old 21-12-17, 00:51

Biggles will become famous soon enough
Ah - on a hiding to nothing there. I qualify for a Nat A Rally licence and have been doing Speed events on the same licence. However, the car runs in SL and is a 1600cc - hence despite the fact I've been driving it on closed public roads, circuits, etc in rallies for the last 4 years, as of 1/1/18 I need a Nat A Speed licence unless I run it road legal. Quite how having to have it taxed for sprints & hills improves my ability to drive it (for that is the only difference from how I've run it this year) is beyond my comprehension.
Old 21-12-17, 10:32

Muttley is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
Ah - on a hiding to nothing there. I qualify for a Nat A Rally licence and have been doing Speed events on the same licence. However, the car runs in SL and is a 1600cc - hence despite the fact I've been driving it on closed public roads, circuits, etc in rallies for the last 4 years, as of 1/1/18 I need a Nat A Speed licence unless I run it road legal. Quite how having to have it taxed for sprints & hills improves my ability to drive it (for that is the only difference from how I've run it this year) is beyond my comprehension.
Yes, just been down that road! Had to get a Nat A speed as well this year! Licence dep't was very helpful though.