Uphill Racers

Go Back   Uphill Racers > Hillclimb > Midland Hillclimb Championship
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Downloads Mark Forums Read

Old 15-05-17, 18:34

David Hawnt is on a distinguished road
We stayed at The Court House for the BHC meeting in August 2015 and to be fair it was the best B & B’s we have ever stayed in-the welcome was fantastic, the food was brilliant and the rooms excellent (if a bit OTT). Before we left the place on the Sunday we wanted to book for several weekends in 2016 and Keith, the owner, did have any dates of Shelsley meetings for the next year. I went and saw Roger Thomas and he gave me the dates that had been confirmed only the previous evening. Having passed these onto Keith, we wanted to book for the June and August BHC meetings and he was quite happy to take the booking, did not want any deposit, as he said it was not necessary. On January 15th 2016 I emailed Keith to advise a change of email address and he came straight back to tell me he had sold all the rooms for those dates to Stratstone . His words were “Simply such great income for us over the 3 days with dining/bar over 2 nights”
He just pretended that we had not made a booking the previous August as there was nothing in writing and no deposits paid-(he told me there was no need for either)!!!!
We had recommended the place to several friends and as we live in Devon a decent place to stay is essential for us. We would never go near the place again after the way we were treated, nor will our friends.

Can I give spectators thoughts of the May meeting? Only attending on the Sunday, the new format was somewhat confusing and even the commentators were sometimes a bit muddled whether a certain run was a practice run or a competitive run-maybe it had all been fully explained on Saturday. By the time the Sunday Top twelve runs were commencing a lot of spectators had already left. Many cars had gone from both the members and the public car parks (which are now separated) and I have not seen the enclosures by the Esses quite so empty just as the meeting was reaching the most exciting runs.
Old 15-05-17, 19:03
Return of The Sith

team knifedge will become famous soon enough team knifedge will become famous soon enough
I tried to diffuse said character ...his behaviour was disgraceful....whatever beef he had should not have been directed at anyone chin to chin.....if I have the misfortune to meet him again then I'll just ignore is foul mouthed rants ...life if far to short
Anyway, back on topic- I still feel MAC did a great job of trying something new..and will clearly listen to reasoned views
The sport need to do "somethings" new to try and maintain interest at all levels
I still want 2 practice runs on sat in a timely fashion :-)