Uphill Racers

Go Back   Uphill Racers > Sprint > Club Sprint
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Downloads Mark Forums Read

Old 14-09-10, 18:36

RussellT is on a distinguished road
If you come out of the paddock by the clubhouse cant you get all the way to the pit lane without going on the stones now Craig? Its only 1 car wide so I drive on the stones and leave the new strip free for the slick shod cars.

I expect they must have left a gap somewhere.
Old 14-09-10, 18:46
Craig Powers OMS2000M ZZR

Craig Powers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellT View Post
If you come out of the paddock by the clubhouse cant you get all the way to the pit lane without going on the stones now Craig? Its only 1 car wide so I drive on the stones and leave the new strip free for the slick shod cars.

I expect they must have left a gap somewhere.
I am unsure of the exact arrangements but I assume that belting provides a 'bridge' from the return road to the round section of tarmac (the flying circle).

I am assured that this belting is very heavy and there is no way that sticky slicks can lift it. And before anyone makes the joke, there is no class for tracked vehicles.

Craig
Old 15-09-10, 07:58

blue is on a distinguished road
Although the stones in the paddock do put lots of us off Three Sisters Craig it's not in this instance the problem, it's the clashes with Harewood, Thoresby and Shelsley. Seems like Thoresby and Three Sisters don't have much choice on dates so would be nice if Harewood at least could shuffle their september date. Not sure if MAC would also think about it?
Old 15-09-10, 08:34

FLoads is on a distinguished road
As far as I am aware the MAC do not have a completely free choice of dates, they have to co-ordinate with the other two Midland hills and the rounds of the Championships. I may be totally wrong but.....
Old 15-09-10, 09:04

Steve Wilkinson will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
Seems like Thoresby and Three Sisters don't have much choice on dates so would be nice if Harewood at least could shuffle their september date. Not sure if MAC would also think about it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLoads View Post
As far as I am aware the MAC do not have a completely free choice of dates, they have to co-ordinate with the other two Midland hills and the rounds of the Championships. I may be totally wrong but.....
Given the fact that the Last BHC event is on the following week-end at Loton Park that would mean Shelsley having to have their event in October, likewise Harewood! I doubt either would fancy that.

However it was always the case that the final 3 Sisters L&DMC sprint was on the first week-end in October. Maybe L&DMC should consider reverting to their original date?

Old 15-09-10, 10:16

Quote:
Although the stones in the paddock do put lots of us off Three Sisters Craig it's not in this instance the problem, it's the clashes with Harewood, Thoresby and Shelsley. Seems like Thoresby and Three Sisters don't have much choice on dates so would be nice if Harewood at least could shuffle their september date. Not sure if MAC would also think about it?
Yes, agreed. We are very much aware of the clashes, as dicussed earlier in the thread. I have reported this back to the Longton DMC committee.

LDMC do not have much say in the dates given to them by the circuit. Sprinting is the poor-relation when it comes to circuit usage. Corporate karting, competition karting & bikes get the priority.

Longton have already been given the 2011 dates by the circuit and we have not yet been able to assess wheher there are bad clashes with other events and championships.
Old 15-09-10, 13:49

Fireblade is a jewel in the rough Fireblade is a jewel in the rough Fireblade is a jewel in the rough Fireblade is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Seems like Thoresby and Three Sisters don't have much choice on dates so would be nice if Harewood at least could shuffle their september date. Not sure if MAC would also think about it?
Rib Nurse........bandages....quickly
Old 19-09-10, 16:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Powers View Post
There will be measures in place but it hasn't been tarmaced.

As a temp measure some very heavy duty sheets (actually it is an industrial conveyer belt) will provide a 'bridge' over the stones to allow access the the tarmac area.

Craig
Just back from a very wet 3-Sisters 2 lap sprint. Stones sticking to hot slicks were not a problem today! It was wet tyres all day.

I can report that the heavy duty conveyer belting and the one way system worked well and will certainly improve things for the single seaters. Hopefully we will see extra tarmac in the future, but this solution worked well enough.

Please pass this on to those who may have been deterred from 3-Sisters because of the stones.

Craig Powers