Uphill Racers

Go Back   Uphill Racers > Hillclimb > Club Hillclimb
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Downloads Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-17, 09:07
Don't lift !

E5_DCB will become famous soon enough
As above dont scrip on cheap helmets they all are checked at scrutineering and if they dont meet the standard you wont be racing with it. (Seen this happen many times over the years)You need to try a few on anyway to get a make that fits , I went to merlin motorsport a few years ago and tried on about 8 lids all but one fitted comfortably.
Old 01-06-17, 09:17
Skoda leg end

Alpinepg will become famous soon enough Alpinepg will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Wilkinson View Post
I was always advised to buy the best possible helmet your budget could stand, after all you only have one head!
I have always bought the cheapest legal safety kit possible whilst being in road cars because it's already massively over specced for what I drive. When I had a single seater I was a bit more cautious cause there was a chance I'd need it.
Old 01-06-17, 09:35

Biggles will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpinepg View Post
I am using one....as I said in my post...it's identical to the Hedtec helmet in every single detail and has all the approvals needed. I am not alone in using one and there is nothing wrong with it - some places are selling the same helmet for substantially more money. The Snell list on the web site does not seem to be very reliable and the date you see on it is the date you look at it not the date of the latest update. Snell only list 2 Hedtec helmets but Hedtec themselves list 4 different ones with SA2015. The site also has a little get out and says the list only includes lists supplied by the manufacturer.
You didn't say you were using one, just that it looked identical to a Hedtec. Hedtecs I am familiar with and are good budget lids, as are Turn One.

Indeed, looking again, the Snell list is not comprehensive so seems completely pointless to me. Thank you for pointing that out, I won't bother looking at it again.
Old 03-06-17, 08:03

helloyes is on a distinguished road
I use a v2 really happy with it, meets all the latest regulations and fits my head very very well, in fact as well as the many bike racing helmets I used, that were custom fitted for me at the time.
They come in black or white and with or without Hans posts, various visor options are also available.
Old 03-06-17, 10:22

kano nordie has a spectacular aura about kano nordie has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by helloyes View Post
I use a v2 really happy with it, meets all the latest regulations and fits my head very very well, in fact as well as the many bike racing helmets I used, that were custom fitted for me at the time.
They come in black or white and with or without Hans posts, various visor options are also available.
I also went with the V2 and would recommend
John
Old 04-06-17, 08:03
Skoda leg end

Alpinepg will become famous soon enough Alpinepg will become famous soon enough
I went with a £99.99 helmet and I would also recommend....it meets the standard and is comfortable.