Uphill Racers

Go Back   Uphill Racers > Sprint > British Sprint Championship
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Downloads Mark Forums Read

Old 18-06-15, 18:45

Fireblade is a jewel in the rough Fireblade is a jewel in the rough Fireblade is a jewel in the rough Fireblade is a jewel in the rough
The subject of transponders is a hardy perennial and catches the light of day regularly.
It is unsuitable for speed events for the reasons Emac lists above.
Theyre great on a circuit for rough indidcation of where the field is though.
Old 18-06-15, 19:46
Senior Citizen

redturner37 has a spectacular aura about redturner37 has a spectacular aura about redturner37 has a spectacular aura about
I think most of my friends know my take on starting procedures. Having had some 10 years of starting French hill climbs I am convinced that theirs is the better method. Pull to within 100mm of the start line, not 2 mm, and when the lights change, go. No buggering about with tyre warming... If you dont go within 10 secs you lose the run...This last month I have done 4 events on consecutive week ends in France and apart from a very wet meeting where some delays were caused by incidents every competitor got his runs and the entry list is as big as a UK event if not larger. The Europeans do not have run offs,
Old 18-06-15, 20:34
KT's minder

john m is on a distinguished road
Right I will attempt to clear the air - I actually think in hindsight that my beef is about attitude and value for money i e track time
I enjoy the big BSC events and I honestly think had we got 3 timed each day last weekend I would not have commented
It has also taught me to read regs more carefully - it does say 2timed - not a minimum of - competing north , west and east of Cheshire has obviously spoilt many of us - we are used to high paced competitor satisfaction driven events whereby if we cooperate with the organisers we get extra runs that COUNT towards the results and c/ships
It is now obvious to me that even if the Nat B runners had finished by 3pm that would have been it - 2 practise 2 timed give us your £125 now sod off and be grateful - some clubs need to wake up and look at the competition - it's not just the recession that's driving some people away it's what's on offer elsewhere
Cadwell Sprint 30th August - Trackday and 2 timed practise runs AM-Up to 6 TIMED runs PM - no nomex no hans no cage no MSA license (day license £5) hire you helmet or buy a cheapie all in £149 !!!Javelin Trackdays
Not for me at all - but it attracts our future newbies who don't understand the difference
On a lighter note - top pics on the Stephen Morrison HSA F/book page - especially of the "paddock controller" who did a sterling job - even with our less cooperative playmates - the future ?
Old 19-06-15, 01:48

purplewesty is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by john m View Post
Right I will attempt to clear the air - I actually think in hindsight that my beef is about attitude and value for money i e track time
I enjoy the big BSC events and I honestly think had we got 3 timed each day last weekend I would not have commented
It has also taught me to read regs more carefully - it does say 2timed - not a minimum of - competing north , west and east of Cheshire has obviously spoilt many of us - we are used to high paced competitor satisfaction driven events whereby if we cooperate with the organisers we get extra runs that COUNT towards the results and c/ships
It is now obvious to me that even if the Nat B runners had finished by 3pm that would have been it - 2 practise 2 timed give us your £125 now sod off and be grateful - some clubs need to wake up and look at the competition - it's not just the recession that's driving some people away it's what's on offer elsewhere
Cadwell Sprint 30th August - Trackday and 2 timed practise runs AM-Up to 6 TIMED runs PM - no nomex no hans no cage no MSA license (day license £5) hire you helmet or buy a cheapie all in £149 !!!Javelin Trackdays
Not for me at all - but it attracts our future newbies who don't understand the difference
On a lighter note - top pics on the Stephen Morrison HSA F/book page - especially of the "paddock controller" who did a sterling job - even with our less cooperative playmates - the future ?
John I have to agree with all your points you have raised.
Im not a BSC competitor but know plenty of the drivers and l love watching the cars in the run off i get chance. Bradley Hobdays Jedi was spectacular on the international course on Saturday.
BUT you are spot on when you say all this is down to value for money.
I know that many competitors simply won't enter an event at all purely on the basis that the BSC are there, as at best, there is only ever the standard two practice and two timed runs, where as at most other events more runs are offered.
I have competed at Anglesey numerous times and the difference between the clubs in terms of organisation is staggering.
The Longton events in particular are always very well run and drivers almost always get at least 3 timed runs that COUNT. (MAC take note).
During Sundays drivers briefing, when the C of C for MAC on Sunday announced that there would be only one two lap practice run but only two timed runs certainly all the nat B competitors were disgusted and frankly bloody furious three runs in a day for £125 is appalling.
Its just as well the second practice run was given later on as I'm pretty sure plenty of Nat B competitors will vote with their feet next year.
Sadly i will probably be one of them.
Apart from the issues already raised, the timing issue did it for me.
A MUCH slower car was released in front of me on my second lap on Sunday which ruined my run, meaning a re run on cooked tyres, and hence a slower time as a result. And i am aware the same happened to a BSC competitor too!!
Old 19-06-15, 07:08

Fireblade is a jewel in the rough Fireblade is a jewel in the rough Fireblade is a jewel in the rough Fireblade is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Young Tom Weaver that was. I hear that he did a blinding job.
Old 19-06-15, 08:34
Purr louder pussy cat

PumaWestie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireblade View Post
Young Tom Weaver that was. I hear that he did a blinding job.
He was great and the competitors loved him
Old 19-06-15, 09:01

Steve Wilkinson will become famous soon enough
Quote:

John, may I suggest that you and other competitors who felt 'short changed' write to the MAC pointing out that (a) there was time for a third run, (b) to be more inventive in their writing of the regs so that the CoC can have options for 3rd or even 4th timed runs if time permits, and (c) that the extra runs can be taken after the Top 12 as happens at other venues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplewesty View Post
John I have to agree with all your points you have raised.
BUT you are spot on when you say all this is down to value for money.
I know that many competitors simply won't enter an event at all purely on the basis that the BSC are there, as at best, there is only ever the standard two practice and two timed runs, where as at most other events more runs are offered.
I have competed at Anglesey numerous times and the difference between the clubs in terms of organisation is staggering.
The Longton events in particular are always very well run and drivers almost always get at least 3 timed runs that COUNT. (MAC take note).
During Sundays drivers briefing, when the C of C for MAC on Sunday announced that there would be only one two lap practice run but only two timed runs certainly all the nat B competitors were disgusted and frankly bloody furious three runs in a day for £125 is appalling.
Its just as well the second practice run was given later on as I'm pretty sure plenty of Nat B competitors will vote with their feet next year.
Sadly i will probably be one of them.
Apart from the issues already raised, the timing issue did it for me.
A MUCH slower car was released in front of me on my second lap on Sunday which ruined my run, meaning a re run on cooked tyres, and hence a slower time as a result. And i am aware the same happened to a BSC competitor too!!
I must take Purple Westy to task over several comments. (1) "I know that many competitors simply won't enter an event at all purely on the basis that the BSC are there, as at best, there is only ever the standard two practice and two timed runs, where as at most other events more runs are offered." The two practice and two timed is not standard practice at the BSC events but is at BHC events. You may have got the two confused. I do acknowledge that some clubs only have practice and two timed but that is more often than not due to the numbers of entries they have to cope with. I also have noted that some competitors stay away from not only BSC events but also BHC meetings (e.g. Doune this week-end). Several people have citied the 'two practice and two timed isn't value for money' argument but in some cases entering an event where the BSC are is the only way to compete at that venue. Are these people cutting off their noses to spite their faces? (2) "The Longton events in particular are always very well run and drivers almost always get at least 3 timed runs that COUNT." The third run is often after the Top 12 and can be cancelled if there isn't enough time to get through it. However it would be worth pointing out to the MAC. (3) "During Sundays drivers briefing, when the C of C for MAC on Sunday announced that there would be only one two lap practice run but only two timed runs certainly all the nat B competitors were disgusted and frankly bloody furious three runs in a day for £125 is appalling." Please make your feeling felt by writing to the MAC. Putting comments like "MAC take note" is not going to hit the mark you need to write to them and also get other disgruntled competitors at the event to do the same.
Old 19-06-15, 10:42
Purr louder pussy cat

PumaWestie is on a distinguished road
If anyone is interested in some photos from the event, there was a photographer there (Neil lambert) who is contactable via neilmoto7@tiscali.co.uk who can send you proofs before ordering if you email him with your competition number.

I was so impressed with his proofs that I bought the photos which is unusual for me but these were great (he is not related )

PS - I usually buy SW's photos as well when he has some (he also isn't related )
Old 19-06-15, 12:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by PumaWestie View Post
PS - I usually buy SW's photos as well when he has some (he also isn't related )
You must be sat at home counting your good fortunes then