Uphill Racers

Go Back   Uphill Racers > Sprint > British Sprint Championship
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Downloads Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-15, 21:01

OliW is on a distinguished road
I much preferred the one lap format. Too much waiting about with that number of entries and only six runs all weekend. Not worth it at all for me, and it was a tyre killer. I wouldn't bother next year if it stays as a 2 lapper for that event. Shame, as the LDMC guys work very hard and usually pull off a great event at the end of the season.
Old 08-10-15, 08:13
Purr louder pussy cat

PumaWestie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OliW View Post
I much preferred the one lap format. Too much waiting about with that number of entries and only six runs all weekend. Not worth it at all for me, and it was a tyre killer. I wouldn't bother next year if it stays as a 2 lapper for that event. Shame, as the LDMC guys work very hard and usually pull off a great event at the end of the season.
Unfortunately I have to agree. Well done on being ambitious but it didn't work out so please revert to the successful formula of recent years
Old 08-10-15, 12:44

MartinW is on a distinguished road
I entered Sunday only and was pretty disappointed how it turned out. To compund things I, along with a few others, didn't even get a time for my second Practice run for some reason. Since I went grass-cutting on P1 (my fault alone I agree) I effectively only got one time from the whole day. Further disappointing because it was my last event of the season.

However, LDMC have a long track record of slickly run events with invariably more runs than the "standard" two, sometimes a fair few more - remember their Prescott event? I have benefitted from their efficiency so many times that I am happy to cut them some slack for last weekend. We can all make mistakes.

I bet it will be different next year.
Old 08-10-15, 14:25

Bill999 is on a distinguished road
A reasonable view....slack now cut

Bill
Old 08-10-15, 15:06

JamesK will become famous soon enough JamesK will become famous soon enough
I thought the layouts were great, the club needs to review how it can run the event to maximise the number of cars on the track at once.

However the single biggest flaw in the event was the massive entry. 135+ per day would have been a push for a single lap, trying to run any double lap with those numbers was asking for a headache.

Same layouts next year please just cap the entry to 100 both days.

James
Old 08-10-15, 16:02

shiftspark is on a distinguished road
I have to agree with both , I liked the 2 lap circuit but not at the expense of runs.
Longton were meeting last monday to discuss the weekends events hopefully they will let us know what the outcome is.
Old 08-10-15, 16:09

DaveK is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesK View Post
I thought the layouts were great, the club needs to review how it can run the event to maximise the number of cars on the track at once.

However the single biggest flaw in the event was the massive entry. 135+ per day would have been a push for a single lap, trying to run any double lap with those numbers was asking for a headache.

Same layouts next year please just cap the entry to 100 both days.

James
At the expense of an extra £35.00 on the entry fee though ?

The club has to make a certain amount off the meeting and 70 less entries is say £7000 . which is a big amount of the circuit hire fee i would imagine
Old 08-10-15, 16:19

onomatopoeia is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesK View Post
the club needs to review how it can run the event to maximise the number of cars on the track at once.
There is a bit of an art to that for multi-lappers (and while he doesn't post here, I'm sure the BSC co-ordinator would agree with me if asked) and it's easier once a course has been run once so you know the spread of times to expect for runs and can computer model different start line release strategies - yes, I am sad enough to have done this for a couple of venues where the club I belong to runs multi-lap sprints.

You also need a course controller that won't have a meltdown trying to keep track of which car is on which lap. Seen that happen.
Old 08-10-15, 16:21
KT's minder

john m is on a distinguished road
Spot on James- the problem being we are not party to the finances of the event - 100 both days gives £22k income - Is that enough - only LDMC can tell us- and of course they have to make a profit on some events to offset the losses of others - I sent LDMC my version of events for their committee meeting on Monday night - I asked for a debrief- still waiting
You are right the numbers were silly/greedy- nobody has run the national 2 lapper with more than 100 successfully- and to run a new international 2 lapper( that required 2practices) with those numbers was a folly
The startline was kept fed both days AND - the Nat A boys were very well organised - well done Paul -
The flow of cars didn't work -to many gaps software problems ?
No big offs - v few breakdowns - good weather- a few car catchup - so what was the problem - over to you Longton
Old 08-10-15, 16:46

Pauleds is on a distinguished road
I think its something like 18 - 20k to hire the circuit for a weekend